Monday 26 September 2011

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson Review

This is my first review on a book and I welcome all comments and your opinions! :)


Title: Speak
Author: Laurie Halse Anderson
Genre: Realistic Fiction,
Number of Pages: 230

My Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

'Her eyes meet mine for a second. "I hate you," she mouths silently. She turns her back to me and laughs with her friends. I bite my lip. I am not going to think about it.'
The reason why I decided to read this book was because it has been so popular. Even though it was published quite a long time ago the words still ring clear as if they were spoken yesterday. The thing that strikes me about this book is that all the way through the book you have no idea how it's going to end. And thats what makes you keep reading.

  It's about a girl, Melinda Sordino, who speaks to us as readers about a terrible point in her life that she just can't seem to voice to anybody else. As the story goes on she gets quieter and quieter, retreating into her shell until she can speak no words. She feels boxed up and alone. With no-one to speak to she becomes a loner and an outcast and she has no where that she belongs.
   Melinda's voice cut through so true and clear and it makes you want to go and give her a hug.

I recommend this book to all the people out there who can read a story and feel for the characters or think about their problems. Because some people in this world just don't get it that some people are different to them or if some people have problems that they can't just take away.

To buy this book, use this web address:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Speak-Laurie-Halse-Anderson/dp/0340950773/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1317060292&sr=1-1 

No comments:

Post a Comment