Wednesday 28 September 2011

If I Stay by Gayle Forman Review


Title: If I Stay
Author: Gayle Forman
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Number of pages: 210

My rating: 4 stars out of 5
'Am I dead? I actually have to ask myself this. Am I dead?' 
A story that won't quite let you go. It's true. This is very rare for me to remember a book for such a long time but I remember it in perfect detail. Honestly, this isn't the most amazing book that I've ever read but it does have potental. The story, at first, makes you wonder what is going to happen to make her decide if she is going to stay. It doesn't give much away in the blurb. This book makes you think about loss and death that will never quite leave you.

This story is about a terrible accident that tears seventeen-year-old Mia life apart and she has to make the hardest choice that ever really mattered. It's a choice between love. Her life before that was an ordinary life. Until that one moment that rips her from the ordinary to cold hard reality.

I recommend this book to teenagers that want to know the difference between life and death in someone else's point of view. How a girl views her life to be and the choices that she has to make. It's a haunting book about love and loss and it's a definate read.

To buy this book, you can use this link:
 http://www.amazon.co.uk/If-I-Stay-Gayle-Forman/dp/0552775452/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317235702&sr=8-1

1 comment:

  1. I like this book! The story is very good. I enjoyed it a lot. Thank you for sharing!

    Your blog looks nice. I noticed you just started your blog the same month as I. Welcome to the book community!! I hope you enjoy blogging as much as I.

    Sam

    ReplyDelete