Sunday 13 November 2011

Nobody's Girl by Sarra Manning



Title: Nobody's Girl
Author: Sarra Manning
Genre: Realistic Fiction
Pages: 368

My rating:

'Let's face it, no one can be as boring and perfect as me'
It took me a week to read this book which, for me, is quite a long time. There were parts in this book that just didn't keep me hooked for long enough so I ended up giving up and putting off reading it. However the overall writing of this story was genius. I loved how care-free it was and how real the characters were. By the end of the book I was crying with the characters.   

This book is about a sevennteen-year-old girl named Bea. She has a difficult time at home with her mother was is constantly on her back about boys and trys to make her a boring, dull girl so no boys would want her. Bea thinks her life could not get any worst she starts hanging around with Ruby, a popular girl in her school, and when they want to go to spain, they offer to take Bea along with them. Bea is starting to enjoy the peace of not being at home when terrible things start to happen again and once more she is on her own. But maybe a good thing will come out of all of this, maybe she will end up in love.

The reason I gave it only 3 stars was because of the lack of grippingness but the ending made up perfectly for that, otherwise this was a perfectly good story and a really good read! I recommend this book to people who like:

Sara's Face by Melvin Burgess

No comments:

Post a Comment